February's Dye Project.

I recently received four glorious metres of bamboo silk in the post and couldn't wait to get cracking on my next natural-dye project. I also couldn't wait to start experimenting with some new natural colours I hadn't used before.

After I'd scoured and mordanted the fabrics it was such a lovely day I hung them out in the forest to dry and absorb all that magical, fresh air.

I decided to dye one with avocado skins and one with dried weld and so far so good. I've got plans for the next stage, nothing set in stone but I'm going to trust my instincts and allow my intuition to kick in.

I'll keep you posted! X

7 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All